Scotty Barker's Blog
Any Marketing Information, Tips & Ramblings
Get Your Completely FREE Training Guide:
Social Networking Settings For You
How you would like to meet and communicate with other Internet users, especially ones that share the same views and beliefs as you do? When it comes to easily finding and communicating online with other Internet users, social networking sites are, perhaps, the best way to go.
Social Networking Settings For You
If you are interested in joining a social networking website, the first thing that you will need to do is find a network to join. You can easily find a number of networks by performing a standard Internet search. For the best search results, you may want to search with the words social networking or social networking websites. In your search, it is likely that that you come up with a fairly large number of different networking sites. Popular sites that may be included in your search results may include, but will not be limited to, MySpace, Orkut, Yahoo! 360, FriendFinder, FriendWise, Facebook, and Classmates.
Once you have made the decision to join a particular social networking website, whether or not it is one of the ones mentioned above, you will need to need to register with the site. Even free networking communities require that you go through the registration process. Once you are registered, you should be able to start communicating with other community members. Before you start communicating, you may need to develop your online profile or profile page, depending on the networking site in question. Although it may seem easy enough to create a profile, there are many Internet users who are unsure exactly what they should and should not include.
Perhaps, one of the most important things to include in your online website is your picture. While a personal picture is optional, it is ideal. Many Internet users enjoy taking to someone that they can see in their minds, without a picture this is difficult. If you are looking to use social networking websites just to meet new friends you may not necessarily need to post a private picture, but you may need to if you are looking to find love online. When it comes to Internet dating, many individuals will not even view an online profile if a picture is not included.
In addition to your photograph, you may want to include your name. Now, when it comes to your name, you need to be cautious. You are advised against giving your full name, especially if your profile or profile page contains a personal photograph of you. In addition to your name, you may want to put down your location. As with your name it is important to display caution. Your picture, your address, and your full name can be dangerous, especially if it falls into the wrong hands. As much as you would like to fill your social networking profiles with personal information, you are advised to think about your safety before anything else.
You may also want to include information on yourself. This information may include your hobbies, issues that are important to do, your likes, and your dislikes. With many social networking websites, including MySpace, you will find that there are preset profile fields for this information. In addition to preset questions or categories on your likes and dislikes, you may also find additional information, including fun questionnaires. Many social networking websites will ask that you describe your favorite color, your goals in life, your most embarrassing moment, and so on. As with your other personal information, it is important to stay as vague and possible and not use any full names, especially real ones.
By keeping the above mentioned points in mind, you should not only be able to create an online social networking profile that is filled with valuable information, but you can do so while staying safe at the same time. Your safety on the Internet is in your hands, that is why it is important to think about safety, as well as Internet popularity.
This was all about Social Networking Settings For You.
Sell It With Copy
Whats just as important as the quality of your product and the organization of the site its located on? The copy that sells it, of course!
Consider your copy the same way youd consider yourself before going on an interview for a job. Youd be clean, youd look professional, and you might even rehearse a little bit about what you were going to say. Your copy should present itself like its going in for an interview as well this is your business speaking for itself, after all!
What are the cornerstones of good copy? Well, lets start off with the obvious good copy is first and foremost well organized and free of grammatical errors. If your copy is hard to read and misspelled, it looks unprofessional which sets off red flags in the mind of your customers. Dont let the incorrect usage of semicolons drive away potential revenue. Also, if nothing else, be sure to run everything through spellchecker before putting it up.
But if you want your copy to truly pop, youll need to do more than make sure that you cross your Ts and dot your Is. Good copy can accurately describe the product or services that you sell, as well as inform the customer why your product and services are better than whats offered by the competition. It paints you, the seller, as credible and honest, and it adds a touch of urgency to the transaction, convincing the customer that its in his/her best interest to make a purchase as soon as possible. Good copy is convincing, but not overbearing.
There are two obvious ways to go about getting good copy for your online business. The first is writing it yourself. The second is outsourcing. The first is definitely the cheaper way to go, and even if you are utterly incapable of designing a website, its likely that you know how to work a word processor and use spellchecker. You could write your own copy very persuasively and well.
But this is another area in which potential online business owners should not scrimp. Be honest with yourself. Will you be able to represent your services and products to the extent they deserve – and need to be represented in order to be profitable with your writing abilities?
Many people opt to outsource their copy just as they outsource their web design. Just as there are people who have dedicated themselves to the art of making web pages, there are those who make a living out of writing the copy that fills these pages. Many of these places are also versed in writing copy that will make your website appear higher in search engine rankings, which is a worthy consideration as well.
Either way, be sure not to forget about spellchecker.
This was all about Sell It With Copy.
Top Mistakes Every Marketer Should Avoid
Top Mistakes Every Marketer Should Avoid
1. Lack of Focus – It is important to focus on one niche, website or method at a time. You don’t want to multitask between 500 things. You will never learn what works and what doesn’t unless you focus on one thing and give it a fair chance. The added focus will ensure you see results as quickly as possible.
2. Buying Every Product – I spent a lot of money on money making systems, turnkey solutions, push button cash generating reports etc… To be perfectly frank, I got ripped off a couple times. Not only that, I lost my focus because I had bought reports on 20 different ways to make money. There is nothing wrong with buy these reports, but you don’t have to buy everyone you see.
3. Not Following Through – If you buy some sort of product – then make use of it. Don’t just file it away. Buying a product is useless unless you USE it. This is exactly why I wasted so much time and money. I would buy a product or system and then never follow through on it. I wouldn’t get results right away so I would give up. I did this over and over again with no results. If you don;t follow through on your campaigns you will not make money.
4. Underestimating Sales Copy – This came up on 4 out of 7 marketers lists. It is something I wouldn’t have thought of — but it instantly hit home. Never underestimate the power of sales copy. It is definitely worth learning. My major issue was never believing those long sales pages would ever work on anyone – since they have NEVER worked on me. I assumed people were like me – but I was wrong. Luckily I learned my lesson early. If you are thinking of investing money into your online marketing – consider a high quality Sales Copy course. Even a basic understanding will dramatically increase your results.
5. Lack of Confidence – The above 4 points came from other marketers, but this last one came to me. You need to be confident when you are working online. You will hear people in the outside world doubt you, and people on the online world can be downright brutal. Dont listen to them. If you are intelligent, willing to learn and hard working you can and WILL success making money online. Dont let anyone talk down to you. If you fail, pick yourself up and keep trying. There is money to be mad, and you can earn it. Dont believe otherwise.
Learning from your own mistakes is a quick way to learn. Even faster than that though, is learning from our mistakes. That takes out the time you waste making mistakes in the first place 🙂
This was all about Top Mistakes Every Marketer Should Avoid.
WordPress SEO Checklist
Your WordPress SEO Checklist, Dominate The Google Rankings
If you are getting frustrated watching your site stagnate in the Google rankings, then you will want to make sure you follow these tips. You need to make sure you research properly and the proper plugins installed. You also have to make sure your page is setup properly and you are creating content. Lastly you need to build backlinks to your content. Once you have read about these steps below, you will be able to skyrocket your site to the top of Google.
WordPress SEO Checklist
1. Research – You have to research your keywords. A lot of people, and I mean a lot, are going to tell you to look for low competition long tail keywords. I disagree. I say you go for the big guys first. Do your research of course though. If you want to rank for a spanish course then “Learn Spanish” is a great place to start. Using programs like Google’s free keyword tool you can find out an estimate of how many people search for a term. The higher the better. Do a Google search yourself and see if people are buying Paid Google ads – if so that means there is money to be made. Don’t be scared of very competitive terms either – that is where the money is.
2. Plugins – Make sure you install all applicable SEO related plugins. At the very least you should be installing All-IN-One Seo and XML Google Sitemaps. The first plugin will help with on page optimization, while the latter one will build a XML sitemap and submit it to Google. Do some research and see if any other SEO related plugins could fit on your site.
3. On Page Optimization – Although not as important as it once was you should still make sure your website is optimized. You want all your title tags to be keyword rich. That is the first thing Google sees. You also want to make sure you have no broken links on your site. The keyword appearing in your body as well as in H1 tags will also help. I would also make sure my permalinks were keyword rich. To do this set your custom permalink structure to something like /%postname%/. That way whatever you title your posts will become part of your URL.
4. Constant Content – Start adding content and don’t stop ever. Google loves fresh content and so do your visitors. Try to post everyday, if not really aim for five times a week. If you need to get guest bloggers to help you do that, but make sure you have a steady flow of content.
5. Build Links – Build links, everyone knows Google loves backlinks. Get them wherever you can. Online directories, blog comments, forum signatures, forum profiles, social bookmarking and social media all have opportunities to place backlinks. You can research proper backlinking and find tons of great ideas.
These five steps are very simple, but they are the key to getting your WordPress blog to the top of Google. If you research, plugin, optimize, create and build, you will blast to the top of Google.
This was all about Wordpress SEO Checklist.
Can You Really Blog For Money – Yes – You Can
There is no doubt that we are struggling through a troubled economy right now, but nobody seems to know how long this downturn is going to last. Unfortunately, this makes a lot of people so nervous that they don’t know what to do. While some of you may have heard of this “making money online” thing, you aren’t really sure what it all means. First, let me put you at ease and let you know that it is completely possible to make money, and not everything is a scam. For example, a lot of successful people like to blog for money.
Let’s start with some of the basics. A blog is really nothing more than an online journal, and is a short for web log. The best part is that you can start blogging for no cost. Even better is that there are some online blog services that make it really easy to get up and running, regardless of how computer savvy you may or may not be. It typically takes anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or two to get your blog started.
Your first task is to decide what the main topic of your blog will be. Your goal is to blog for money, but if you can choose a subject that you’re interested in, it will be much easier to keep on blogging. On the other hand, if you just want to make as much money as possible, then you should take some time to learn about the various methods of choosing hot niche markets. This will give you more return on your efforts if you go about it the right way.
This was all about Can You Really Blog For Money – Yes – You Can.
Get Your Completely FREE Training Guide:
© 2019 Scotty Barker-All Rights Reserved www.ScottyBarker.com